NetModeler’s RingPlanner has been evaluated by clients and is the industry’s most comprehensive and complete ring topology planing module. RingPlanner can be used by both network operators and networking equipment vendors to demonstrate the advantages of deploying both next-generation and legacy telecommunications equipment within ring topology networks. RingPlanner allows users to quickly analyze and compare many different design scenarios in terms of cost, revenue generation, central office floor space and power consumption. RingPlanner integrates the most advanced optimization algorithms capable of generating solutions for very large networks, measurable in seconds! Through the innovative NetModeler equipment modeling library, users can rapidly design, configure and implement many types of SONET/SDH switches and DWDM transport systems in telecommunications and data networks. With this proprietary software module, users can identify the capital and OPEX impact of a ring topology architecture, and better determine where and when to purchase facilities and equipment given their budgetary constraints.
RingPlanner As a Detailed Engineering Tool:
- Utilize existing network topologies and existing rings with embedded traffic demands;
- Manually assign demand routes and build stacked rings;
- Pin down networking equipment on each existing ring, including SONET/SDH ADM’s, Switches, Edge Multiplexing Equipment and DWDM;
- Constrain the traffic routing based on hops, distance or number of ring interconnections, among many more others;
- Design networks for single or redundant dual-homed interconnection;
- Model both 2-F and 4F BLSR from OC3 to OC768, as well as UPSR rings;
- Set minimum and maximum transport rates across fiber links or between sites;
- Re-route existing demands over existing network to achieve operational efficiencies;
- Model ADM’s capable of grooming traffic down to the VT1.5 level;
- Design and implement DWDM Systems, including amplifiers, banded optics modules, equalization nodes and regenerators;
- Complete wavelength routing and assignment for transport of wavelengths in the C, L and S-Bands;
- Allow for glass-thru of traffic at selective network sites.
Compelling Features of RingPlanner:
- Utilizes quick and accurate optimization algorithms;
- Complete suite of network design options, allowing user to constrain the ring topology design and traffic routing;
- Demands may be specified in units of 10/100 MbE, GigE, 10 GigE, DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48 or OC768;
- Design rings from OC3 to OC768 and equivalent SDH hierarchy;
- Work with vendor equipment library to model specific SONET/SDH ADM’s, Switches and DWDM Systems;
- Segregate network sites by allowed vendor equipment “groups”;
- Define sites by Switch, Hub, CO, Hub, POP, CPE;
- Get help quickly through on-line help desk.
Making Complex Decision-Making Easier for Network Operators and Vendors:
- Minimize network cost;
- Create new revenue generating services;
- Configure networking equipment and calculate floor space and power consumption at each site;
- Analyze fiber consumption;
- Perform network sensitivity checks;
- Specify statistical probability constraints for optimization scenarios.
RingPlanner’s Advanced Network Animation Capabilities:
- View all demand routes in browser and using advanced animation;
- View technical specifications and period-by-period configuration of vendor-specific equipment;
- Zoom in and out to view link, node and wavelength routing details;
- Display all network links, adjacent links or diverse links;
- Display all demands or adjacent demands;
- Right click on nodes to display nodal data;
- Right click on links to view fiber data.
How to Get a Demonstration Copy:
For a demo of the RingPlanner module or the complete NetModeler Design Suite, please send us an e-mail at: email@example.com