NetModeler is NetAdvantage's newest product, comprised
of three planning modules: MeshPlanner,
Each of the three modules are supported by a card-level vendor equipment
modeling library. Modules of the NetModeler allow both network operators
and network equipment vendors to constructively analyze the significant
advantages of ring, mesh and hybrid ring/mesh network designs. NetModeler
also comes with a complete Developer's Tool Kit, including API's
and a dynamic development environment for future client extension.
Key innovations of NetModeler include a card-level vendor equipment
configurator, multiple period planning, capital expenditure budgeting,
revenue modeling, sophisticated solution algorithms capable of solving
2,000 node planning problems in less than five minutes! This platform
allows users to rapidly design, configure and deploy switching equipment,
fiber facilities and DWDM transport equipment in telecommunications
and data networks. NetModeler has been updated to include "one-step"
GUI browsers with the ability to map and display switching nodes,
placement of DWDM systems, ILA's, Equalizers and other equipment.
With this proprietary software tool, users can identify the economic
and operational impact of network architecture choices, and better
determine where to place facilities and equipment to simultaneously
optimize demand, service and protection routes in terms of revenue
generation, cost, equipment floor space or power consumption.
NetModeler Allows the User to Evaluate Card-Level
Configuration of Vendor Equipment:
With the NetModeler platform, the user can create
a sophisticated card-level modeling library of vendor equipment
- Add/Drop Multiplexers;
- OEO Edge Multiplexing Switches;
- OEO Switches;
- OOO Switches;
- Integrated OEO/OOO Switches;
- DWDM Transport Systems;
- Gain Equalizers;
- Chromatic Dispersion Equalizers;
- PMD Equalizers;
- Integrated OEO/DWDM Transport Systems;
- OADM Systems;
- Integrated OOO/OADM Systems;
- Integrated OEO/OOO/OADM Systems;
The NetModeler platform allows the user to differentiate
switching equipment by switching capacity and configuration, switch
fabric type, switch fabric granularity, card port density, cost,
power and floor space requirements, among others. NetModeler gives
users the flexibility to model various types of DWDM transport equipment,
including those having optical layer band modules, tunable lasers,
"muxponders", C, L or S-band terminal equipment, among
Advantages of NetModeler:
- Utilize proprietary optimization algorithms and
graphics for implementing ring, mesh and ring/mesh hybrid networks;
- Users don't have to wait hours to get a solution
to their scenario analysis;
- Advanced GUI that all clients find very easy
to use and navigate;
- Developer's Tool Kit to reduce the on-going cost
of modifications to the software;
- Quickly analyze several scenarios across multiple
- Equipment modeling library allows for implementable
card-level configuration of actual vendor equipment;
- Create "node groups" to define local
equipment placement options;
- Capable of importing network data, topologies,
- True network engineering tool, modeling amplifier
and equalization equipment placement;
- Get assistance quickly through comprehensive
Answering Mission-Critical Questions Facing Network
Service Providers and Equipment Vendors:
- How do I maximize revenues for the services I
expect to carry in my network?
- How do I minimize cost of carrying current and
future network traffic?
- How do I best use my existing networking equipment?
Do I cap off certain types of equipment?
- How do I migrate from a ring topology network
to a ring/mesh hybrid network? Where and when do I implement a
- What are the cost and revenue implications of
re-routing traffic on my existing network?
- How sensitive are my operational expenditures
(OPEX) to the design I am proposing to implement?
- Given my capital budget for this year, how do
I maximize ROI?
Advanced GUI Capabilities:
- Animate wavelength routing and assignment for
working and protection paths;
- Display equipment configurations at each network
- View DWDM layer, including optical amplifiers,
regenerators and equalization equipment placed alone the DWDM
- Display network sites, broken down by type and
- Display all network links or adjacent links,
physical and logical view
- Display all demands, adjacent demands or 2 disconnected
- Right click on links to view number of fibers,
DWDM wavelengths, optical bands, and working and protection paths.
How to Get a Demonstration Copy:
To receive a demo of the complete NetModeler Design
Suite, please send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org